Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wistful Butterfly

It is nice to be loved. Put on a pedestal and thought of positively.

That sweet feeling of What Might Have Been is so intoxicating.

And the thought of it always makes you smile. Especially when you are reminded of the feelings they once held for you.

Getting married in two weeks time, but got contacted by an Old Friend today. I know I shouldn't take to heart anything he says - he is across the other side of the world. But to hear him say that I was one he always dreamt of sure makes me feel good. To think that I had an impact on someone. And someone who I always thought was a looker to boot. I never thought I'd ever impact on anyone who was that good looking. I never went to that much effort.

Tall, blonde, high cheekbones with the deepest blue eyes you ever clapped eyes on.

And he could've been mine - if he'd only stayed in the country long enough and I'd gotten up enough courage to hang around instead of going out with someone else.

In typical fashion he only brought up his feelings as he was about to leave.

So the only thing left was to go on with our separate lives.

I know it can't happen - I'm getting married in less than a fortnight. But every once in a while it's nice to dream and think of What If.

Being told that my fiance is one lucky bastard makes me feel so special. Especially when I didn't prompt for any of this discussion at all.

And I'll be honest, it sure doesn't help to have that little bit of an ego boost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home