Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Preceding Butterfly

Tomorrow’s my birthday. 24.

It’s a good number. It will be a good year. After tomorrow, there will be no more major dramas between myself and my family until the end of the year. I won’t be able to attend my brother’s birthday because I’ll be down at the snow. And mum’s isn’t until Christmas Eve.

Sunday was good. Intimate group of friends. In fact, it was a group that I’ve never had before. My boyfriend and myself were the only ones who’d been to any others. And I myself don’t count.

Mum told me she was ‘busy’ – too busy to celebrate my own birthday. So tomorrow night we’ll just have a quiet dinner. I’m wondering what I’ll get for my birthday. I’ve got a suspicion it might be clothes or something. Boyfriend went down to the big outlet centre on the weekend for a “secret mission.” Or so he says anyway. It might just be a big red herring. But he’s not sneaky or untrusting enough for that.

I have my DFAT exam this Saturday. A bit nervous. I did the sample test questions and came out with a measly 64%. Meanwhile, the other job that I applied for, they sent me an email yesterday thanking me for applying, and telling me someone will be in touch soon to let me know whether or not I’ve made it to the next stage. Bunch of bureaucratic bullshit if you ask me. Why waste the time and effort? Just send me a letter to let me know whether or not I got in. Thanking me for applying can be done with email. Sheesh. Talk about wasting money on postage and labour hours. =P

What else is new? I’ve becoming an ebay junkie, binging out on cheap specials, like 99cent auctions on ebay for black mineral makeup eyeliner, and $2 sample packs. My best buy has been the $18.95 (incl shipping) miessence mascara. Tested it out last night, and it seems pretty decent. I just have to make enough time to let the things dry. Not sure if they’ll smudge or anything yet. Since the organic stuff isn’t waterproof.

I quit out on yoga today. Just can’t bring myself to be cheered up. I’m always so grumpy after driving to work. I know it’s not my boyfriend’s fault, but I hate doing stuff wrong. I wanted to go through a red light today, because I was in the middle of the road. And he insisted no. He comments when I don’t drive in a straight line, or if I don’t see a car. And they’re good warnings. He means well, and is obviously trying to help. But it just makes me mad. I guess I’m just a bit too much of a perfectionist, and I hate being in situations where I’m not in 100% control. Or at least competent. I always walk away feeling so incompetent.

My manager is giving me my performance review on my birthday tomorrow. Talk about Birthday Presents. *sigh*

Anyhow, I may as well make the most of my lunch break and do some more surfing. It’s too F%$*ing cold to go outside today.

1 Comments:

At Thu May 25, 01:48:00 am, Blogger Zan said...

Hey ~*~HAPPY BIRTHDAY 2 U!!~*~

Have a ball of a time on ur birthday... enjoy the presents and dun forget to make a wish and blow the candles off on the cake!

...and keep bloggin' (sorry i've been busy myself.. hahaha)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home