Monday, February 27, 2006

Just Butterfly

We went down to the South Coast yesterday to check out a rental property. We decided against it for a few reasons.

1. It's too early to move yet. We can't afford it, our life isn't totally in order. We have no car.

2. The place was a bit small. Personally I found it a bit cramped. The bedrooms were small. And while I liked the idea of the door to floor opening doors, I wouldn't feel comfortable working with a full length mirror behind my back, and the door to the toilet/bathroom to my right.

3. They might not have been willing to let our dog run wild and chase away the wildlife.

4. The landowner was on the same property - albeit with a dilapadated house in between ours and hers.

5. No car, means difficulty to maneouvre to our needs - especially down south.

The photos looked so cute, and the place looked really lovely. While this was still the case, the place itself was in fact quite small. Even when you get to the front door, the place looked a bit squished. Not something you want to come home to. Not to say that i didn't look gorgeous. It did. Just a bit cramped on the sides.

Compared to our current place, which has large rooms and seemed like a mansion in terms of space.

On top of which, well, to be brutally honest, I'm not ready to move from where we live right now. I feel a big attachment to our place. It's our 'first'. And I do love the convenience of everything. The stores, 5 mins walk away. The train station, 7 minutes. Buses, trains. The only problem is the humidity and the noise. Especially since our bedroom is at the front of the house.

I'll admit that the south coast is tranquil. And with the dilapidated house next door - I would've found thousands of subjects to photograph. But the reality was, it's just not the sensible idea right now.

Home life, still a mess. I wrote mum a letter last week, and it got lost in the mail. So I had to rewrite it this weekend, and I'll give it to my brother this afternoon to give to her.

I went out shopping on the weekend. Bought myself some clothes - which made me feel good about myself. It also helped that boyfriend subsidised my shopping spree.

This week's going to be busy. Going to a political talk on Wednesday night, Heading off to watch Howl's Moving Castle, weather permitting, on Thursday night. And I'm hoping to see Girl With a Pearl Earring at the art gallery this Sunday afternoon.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to piece together my social life. Have tried to make amends with my best friend. To be honest, it is often awkward. And I hate losing people, or knowing that I'm responsible for losing people. Scared of regret. So we'll see how it goes.

Boyfriend's mates are coming tonight for a poker night. I might curl up and watch some tv or muck around on my computer. I'm hoping to get an early night in. In the meantime, there's still house cleaning to do.

How am I feeling today? Don't really know. Can't really describe. Not 100% happy or excited, but not exactly depressed either. Just, me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home