Sunday, January 15, 2006

Shopping Butterfly

Working at the office today. Got lots to do.

Spent the morning going shopping using 'saving money' that I really shouldn't use. I'm getting very close to being back in the red again.

I'm seeing dad tomorrow night, so I had to get him a belated Christmas present. Coincidentally, there were also a lot of $10 'me' bargains at the store. So even though my boyfriend points out I have "so many clothes", I've just added another two singlet tops and a black knitted top. It wasn't my fault that they had all these bargains there... I can't say no to that.

Also talked myself into buying one of those velcro sandals. Y'know, the ones that has velco strips on all the connecting parts. Light blue, sporty, and very comfy. My old sandals that I used to wear to the beach and stuff died. And while these shoes look good with jeans, I doubt they will with skirts, but I don't care. Naturally, these shoes were also on sale. Only $5 less than rrp, but hey, $5, is $5.

I also decided on an anniversary gift.

Come next Sunday, it will be our 1 year anniversary. I've been scratching my head for days trying to decide what to give him. We agreed that we'd get each other something, because I had told him I wanted something from him. I'm hoping that's enough of a hint to tell him I expect jewellery. I'm hoping he remembers the conversation enough that he will get me jewellery. Because, well, I want jewellery.

So on that basis, I've been trying to figure out what to get him, and I've been coming up empty. I've asked all my friends and my cousin for suggestions. They've come up with stuff like a pair of champagne glasses, a photo of the two of us (been there, done that), sexy lingerie and a blind fold (meh).

I wanted something that was both useful/practical, and sentimental. I've settled on a wine cooler. Wait! Before you start heckling, I can explain! He's been saying he wanted one. So I've met the 'practicality/usefulness' requirement. There's also the implied romanticism, we drink wine, wine gets drunk in romantic situations, fill in the blanks.

This gift is also for the two of us. It's essentially something for the house. Something that we can both use, and sort've symbolises the fact that we're living together now. Sort've. It also helped that it was fairly cheap (not that price is a factor, although it kinda is).

Oh ok, and I'm going to put in another set of framed photos of the two of us, and maybe burn a personalised cd or something.

Happy now?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home