Monday, December 05, 2005

Financial Butterfly

So it's been a while since I've posted. Life plods on. News today that the job he's applying for has a salary of six figures. He tells me that if he gets this job, he'll become a consumer. "I've never had that much money before." Either have I.

A few hours after that revelation, I am starting to think. How does our situation change once he gets so much money? Is it all his? Will he give me some, or will he only spend it on me when I am there? Do I get to touch that money? Probably not. I think he's still adamant on the whole, 'your money is yours to do with as you will.' And his money is his to do with as he wills.

Things have quietened down with him. Had a sweet talk with him last night. But home is as awkward as always. Don't really want to go into it.

Suffice to say, that I was watching scrubs, of all things tonight and the doctor had this psychologist who was so helpful in pointing out his foils etc. Made me wish I had a doctor like that. But I always seem to run after the second session.

Our house is coming along well. I've got my new fandangled epson r800 and it's working like a charm.

See, back to topic though, how does it work that he gets all the money? I don't like knowing that he earns so much more than me, and that I only get my hands on it through proxy. For eg, he might spend a bit more on groceries, and if I'm with him, I'll get to buy a few goodies with his money. What I'd prefer instead is if I could use his money myself. For eg, I'm going out to lunch and I feel like getting a frozen yoghurt. Instead of trying to curb this craving, I can buy it, secure in the knowledge that a. we can afford it, and b. technically it's his money.

Am I being selfish? I dunno.

Like he pointed out the other day, he doesn't care about money the same way I do. This from the man who took one of those fun personality tests that had money right at the top of his list. ha! =P

anyway, it's getting late, and I need to go to bed. But I can't help but still think about all the issues that come with him getting a higher salary (not that it's all confirmed yet). But to be honest, right now I can't help but wish/hope he doesn't get it. Being poor together is a lot more reassuring/comforting in a strange way than one person getting a siginficant rise and the other remaining on the same salary.

Or maybe it's just me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home