Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Fighting Butterfly

We don't win arguments by shouting the loudest - or by taking back our bat and ball and refusing to play any more. We win by being wise; by standing back, holding back, thinking carefully and choosing our words well. If we really want to win, we transcend our fear of losing. We give way when we can and seek compromise rather than conflict. A hollow victory is easily attainable today. A meaningful agreement, though, while it may be more difficult to arrive at, will prove infinitely more rewarding

I'm going home tonight to try and talk to mum. She rang me up again last night. She just won't leave me alone.

I should be glad - at least this way we still have contact.

I'm in fighting form today. Well, maybe not. But at least, I'm willing to face the bears and the tigers. At least I think I do anyway. Maybe when I get faced with them, I might still run away. But until that moment comes, I think I'll do ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home