Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Grouchy Butterfly

I feel very irritable this afternoon. Not totally with it perhaps. The usual 3’o clock lull where you sit there staring at your screen and think to yourself, “I don’t want to be here. I’m feeling sleepy and unmotivated.”

Work it seems is yet again a chore.

Maybe I’m feeling so because I have to go home tonight.

Let’s fill up the rest of this post with random thoughts:
  • It’s my brother’s birthday tomorrow.
  • I did my budget for the last month and I overdrew 500 dollars. Which means I’m broke. We’re going on a tropical holiday in less than 2 weeks and I’ll be broke for the entire trip. Oh what fun. And I’ll probably overdraw this month also.
  • This weekend was one of the best I’ve spent with him.
  • I’ve discovered that I get very cogent and coherent after a glass of potent red wine. I can hold complex arguments and my sentences run together like a bubbling brook. Funny that I need alcohol to unhinge my debate skills.
  • Only me and my boyfriend would talk about stonemason symbols and their origin during a Roots concert. Only we would spend an evening debating about the social impact of 1950s science fiction over a portugese dinner and a bottle of sweet red shiraz.
  • I still don’t feel any better about myself. I hate it when I give away stupid lines and open myself up to someone. If I had it my way I would always pretend to be blasé. But unfortunately when the object of my blasé attitudes is also the object of my affection, well, the blasé falls to the wayside.

I’m all pent up this afternoon. And while I kind’ve know why, it doesn’t make me feel better by any means or comparison.

Damn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home