Friday, July 22, 2005

Terrifying Butterfly

So I'm a little freaked. It's the natural progression/state of affairs, but there's still some fluttering in the pit of my stomach. And all of my mother's words start crowding into my head.

Boyfriend sent me all these real estate links to places we could rent. And the first one was a house. Looking at that house sent fear running through me. Sounds bad, doesn't it?

It looked so permanent. So.... 'real.' I know I've been saying I want to move out, and perhaps move in with him, but looking at that house, I suddenly got scared.

The place looked more like a 'real home.' More like something along the lines of a place a newly married couple would live in, than anything half as temporary or whatever. The place looked so... 'suburby'.

Do I really want to walk down this path? Looking at the pictures on that website, I suddenly wondered if this was what I really wanted. To live together, to do all the things that married couples do - but without the knowledge or reassurance that we were in fact married.

And suddenly I really want my mother's approval of this situation. I want her opinion. I want her advice. I want her blessing on this.

I'm scared.

Terrified to be exact.

Is this what I really want?

1 Comments:

At Mon July 25, 01:07:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sacrifices have to be made. It's just another bout of cold feet, you'll make it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home