Friday, July 29, 2005

Love Butterfly

In the middle of the city in a secluded little park flooded with afternoon sunshine, that is less like a park, and more like a lopsided rectangle of grass with a tree and a bench, a girl and her boyfriend sit cross-legged in the grass. Her head in his lap, his jeans soak up her tears.

The street is empty.

Her muffled sobs drift through the park and down the alleyways. Softly stroking her hair and back he holds her quietly. Terraces and parked cars are the only witnesses to this little scene.

In the midst of the hustle and bustle of a city filled with people and their many respective problems, a little bubble of love, gossamer thin holds these two beings together.

Sitting in the warm wintry sunshine in an isolated little park it is as if they are the only two people who exist. Two people finding comfort and peace in the other with thoughts only for each other. An oasis.


And it felt so right.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Things haven't been going well lately for me.

Not so much on the family side, more so on the work side. But I don't really want to talk about it.

What's important is that he loves me. And I know that he loves me. I drink in every word he whispers, all the looks he gives me, the caresses and warm hugs, all the sweet nothings that he whispers into my ear, like a dehydrated nomad. Like a jewller appreciating his precious gems in the sunshine as dappled rainbows play hide and seek among the shrubbery.

I grasp on holding each declaration of love, treasuring its taste and texture before gently placing them one by precious one into my memory.

Sitting in that little park in the midst of all my angst and tears, he held me tight and whispered,

"I love you madly darling."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home