Friday, July 15, 2005

Dispassionate Butterfly

Feel unmotivated this morning/afternoon. Last night turned out much better than I expected. I think I'm lacking sleep. Always going to bed late. Always having to wake up early. And then there was this idiot smoking on the train this morning. Rousing me from uneasy sleep in a cold, shadowy train carriage. Sleeping where the sun don't shine.

Am fantasizing about going down to the cafeteria verandah this afternoon and taking a snooze.

Feel very detached from everything.

Body's crying out for rest, methinks. Am going out to dinner and a movie tonight. Going to a photo exhibit tomorrow morning. Am expected to turn up to boyfriend's mum's birthday party on Sunday. Which means chances are I won't be going home on Sunday night either. Have to work tomorrow night. Have stitches out on Monday afternoon. My weekend is full.

And all I feel is tired. Restless. I'm going to assume for once that family is ok. Which supposedly means that I can relax and just enjoy the rest of my life. But I feel so detached. Like none of it is really impacting on me.

*sigh*

It's Friday.

2 Comments:

At Fri July 15, 01:00:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should try not to feel guilty about not being around your family. It's no crime to want to have a life of your own. The first bird that leaves the nest is always hard for both parties. I'm glad I'm not the eldest among my siblings. My brother had that honour hes been living in the UK for about 4 years now, and my parents have learnt to accept it... though it was not easy.

 
At Sun July 17, 09:24:00 pm, Blogger Zan said...

I kinda agree with prahadream...

Leaving the nest is not an easy thing, for both the family and you. But nothing in this world ever stayed constant, and changes are inevitable.

Feeling detached is when your soul just wants to leave your tired body and existence... at least just for a moment, to take a breather before coming back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home