Saturday, June 04, 2005

Wary Butterfly

We all need a little structure in our lives. Rhythm, routine and ritual create a sense of rhyme, reason and reassurance. That's why we keep up habits, even when they are no longer necessary. It is sometimes, too, why we fail to question unwise assumptions. An arrangement is now starting to fall apart. There's an absence in your life where there used to be a presence. Don't try to pretend that nothing has changed. It's time to establish a new pattern, based on a new understanding. Once you adapt and adjust, you will feel much more comfortable about your prospects at every level.

I hope that's not referring to what I think it might be referring to. Just got back from a night at the boyfriend's. Mum's fairly quiet and standoffish. Now is probably not a good time to tell her about the possibility of my trip interstate later this month.

Lots of thoughts running through my head. As per usual. Was going to blog up a rather dejected blog. Was halfway through writing it on the way home. But I think I'm back out on the other side of the dejection tunnel.

Might hold onto those thoughts for now and see how they go. But yeh, if I'm a strong believer in all that is astrology, perhaps I should try and take heed of the warnings. *sigh*

Would I be a coward if I said I didn't want to face her and have this conversation again? I'm too tired to play. Why can't she just let me do what I want, and live and let live? Why do I constantly have to validate everything? So everyone else automatically want their mothers incorporated into their lives. It's not that I don't want the same, I just don't want to constantly check in like she wants me to.

My guess is that she's most upset that I didn't tell her the truth in the morning, and waited till she was in bed before I rang her. In which case she only found out I wasn't staying the night this morning. That's mainly my fault. I didn't watch the time - for once.

Anyhow, I have to make final preparations before I go off waitressing tonight. There better be decent food on the dinner table tonight. That's all I can say. While my breakfast was wonderful, my hunger's pretty insatiable.

Food, food food, o where art thou?

2 Comments:

At Wed June 08, 04:36:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My relationship with my mum has deteriorated to the point where we now barely speak.

I've noticed its the overprotective mothers who lose the communication with their kids, I never tell her anything no more.

Yet my best friend has a beautiful relationship with her mum. Her mum is so much more understanding and listens rather than judges.

My mother will never change, she has to be in control of every aspect of my life, and when she isn't, she loses it. She needs to realize, smothering me only pushes me away.

Even though I know she loves me and all, the relationship is broken through her need to meddle into my affairs. Wish she'd just live and let live as you so nicely put it :)

 
At Mon June 13, 10:33:00 am, Blogger Zan said...

i guess mothers will be mothers... no matter where they are from.

A lot of mothers tend to be overprotective because their children will forever be like children in their eyes; sometimes not realising their children have all grown up.

It seems that mothers have this "nagging" system in-built in them and it's hard for them to resist using it. But at the end of day, to avoid conflict, some of us come with in-built "filtering" systems.

We appreciate our mothers' love but we need our space to grow up too. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home