Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Imagining Butterfly

"It's a good thing you asked[to have dinner], otherwise I would never have asked again" he says to me.

After taking me to the opera and not even getting a kiss goodnight in return, if a few days later I hadn't asked to have dinner with him, it's possible that we would never have gotten together.

How different would that be? To not be loved by him?

How is life different these days having him in my life? Mum said to me this morning, you know, this family doesn't know anything about your boyfriend. i.e. they don't know what kind of person he is.

I know how to fix this problem. But to be honest, I can't help but be a little scared about it all. We agreed on Sunday that both of us aren't at a stage to fully commit to each other - which I accept. At the same time, I know how reassuring it would be for mum to know and trust someone to look after me, other than her. To have someone she will approve of. Or at the very least understand. Not knowing his motives regarding me is perhaps part of the worries that she harbours against him.

I guess all that it really takes is time.

Got a report deadline due this evening. Best to get back to it. Will think and return here later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home