Sunday, March 13, 2005

Pausing Butterfly

I have been staring at your photo all day. I managed to get a snap of you yesterday, and as I was pawing through old photos of myself, I came across some of you from two years ago. Without the goatee.

I had forgotten what you looked like before the facial hair became a staple on you. And I guess I still stick with my original comment that I prefer you the way you are now. Because you, as you stand currently, is the man I've fallen in love with. You, as you are now, is the man that is taking care of me, that is loving me, that has made his declarations known to me.

While I acknowledge that your past is what makes you 'you', I must also state that looking back on those old photos of you, sometimes it seems like I'm looking at photos of a stranger.

I miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home