Sunday, January 30, 2005

Weakening Butterfly

Things are slowly changing. Ever so slowly, the line is moving. And I am starting to accept you. I think you know it too. But the official line is that I feel nothing for you. And I think we'll keep to that for now, although after this afternoon...

You gave me such a sweet surprise coming in to see me. And the talk that we had was very fruitful for me. I'm sure you found it so as well. The fact that you mentioned that you were surprised at the intensity of your feelings, and that you were fighting against everything because you wanted to spend all your time with me, made me feel reassured that you were genuine. It also settled me in a way. I think we're on the same wavelength on this.

And you promised me that you I can trust you. And I do. If this is a setup for you promising me the world, then so be it. But I trust you.

And I no longer bat an eyelid at your comment that you just want to see me happy. I believe it. I'm gullible and naieve and oh so clueless, but I believe you. I just hope that you mean everything you say. Because my bitterness is waiting in the wings should you make a false step.

And in the meantime, I'm talking online to my 2nd ex. And the way he talks just reminds me that what I'm currently doing is the right thing. Indifference, peppered with coolness despite your underlying 'caring' nature. Yeh, whatever. You lost me. End of story. And despite you asking me if this one is ok, I'll take your suggestion and just tell you to butt out, because it's not your place to ask anymore. I want you to realise what you have lost, and that I will no longer come to you for advice. I've found someone who's genuinely interested in me. Who cares. Who will crazily drive half an hour to see me, because he broke down and couldn't stand not seeing me for one more day.

I have no idea where this potential relationship will go. I just know that I will go about this slowly, and I will trust you to take me along the right path. And I dearly hope that my ex will no longer lead me astray. I don't want to fall back into that hole. Been there, done that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home