Friday, January 21, 2005

Campaigning Butterfly

All stairs, wet concrete and smooth based shoes should be banned. I have fallen twice today and my shins and knees are taking a beating....

Is this the universe doling out my karmic punishment? Can I ask for what? When you get punished you kinda want to know why - it helps with the reform process.

My weeks are still fairly social. Going to the Opera tomorrow night. Crashed into a friend this morning at the train station, so we're going to meet up for lunch next Tuesday. And I got asked to go to lunch today by last week's friend. Not to mention going out to drinks tonight to farewell a work colleague. It's nice to lay out all the social plans...

Meanwhile, my knees are still stinging off and on, reminding me that I shouldn't try so hard to colour coordinate. yeh, whatever.

Despite all these plans though, I'm a little disturbed by the forecast for this week/weekend:
There's undoubtedly something unfair and unjust about the situation you face. It needs to be campaigned against and complained about. Still, though, there's one surprisingly helpful side effect to this factor. If you can't already see it, it will make itself clear this weekend. You are entitled to draw benefit from this while you can.
... like ok then. Although what benefit I could draw from all of this is beyond me... To be honest if it's referring to the whole relationship thing, I've just about thrown my hands up in despair. I have no idea where we're going. One of the girls at work was saying yesterday how females like the brooding Heathcliffe types only if we believe that we can save them. But, if the brooding male is uncommital to us, that's when we hate them. I concur. Verily.

You're getting to that stage, and I know I can't save you, as much as I would like to. Depressing to know that somewhere in all of us, we just want to make a positive impact on a person, most often in the form of 'saving' someone. *quietly shakes head*

I know that our situation is unjust to me. But quite frankly, I'm sick of campaigning for my rights. We've gone down that road a dozen times or more, and it always gets us nowhere. It's just easier to be as I am. And as I am constantly reminded in the last week or so, being single isn't so bad. I don't have to feel guilty about saying yes to anyone. The freedom involved in doing what I please with whomever I please, whenever I please is in fact quite liberating. Although the associated guilt at times is a little disturbing. Guilt at perhaps leading certain people on. Although I know that it's all in my head. Because there probably isn't anything in any of the potentials that I see. It's all just me (as per usual).

1 Comments:

At Fri Jan 21, 04:57:00 pm, Blogger Zan said...

Ya, smooth based shoes should be banned!

Anyway i once heard this on radio:

Shins are...
devices that help you find furniture in the dark.

=P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home