Thursday, December 23, 2004

Office Butterfly

Office politics is like wading through a minefield in a swamp. You never know when you are going to step on toes. On the outside, it looks so peaceful and calm. But once you get your feet wet, you can quickly get your toes bitten, or find yourself out of your depth. The rips and tides are so unpredictable.

I think I just stuffed up again. It sucks to be able to see everyone's point of view. Sometimes it's like I readily accept things without being aware of the fallout. And then it's like I just got played. Ignorance of consequences in office environs is a handicap that most cannot afford. And I know I'm one of the masses who would totally agree with that premise.

Just ignore me, I'm just off a little office let-go.

Grrr....

2 Comments:

At Fri Dec 24, 12:39:00 am, Blogger Zan said...

Haha! i think the 'minefield' description is an understatement. Some offices are like war zones with bullets endlessly whizzing past your head.

Toes seem to be everywhere, waiting to be treaded on. It is a situation where you can never seem to please everyone. So there is no need to try too hard.

Pleading ignorance does not isolate you from getting 'shot'. Sometimes you just have to learn to duck and dodge. Haha! Easier said than done.

 
At Fri Dec 24, 09:08:00 am, Blogger Enigmatic Butterfly said...

Tell me about it...

I just discovered that after all my angsting last night, that in the midst of me trying to rectify a situation, someone else is going to get credit for what I did. ANd it's not even like I can get it back.

Bittersweet, so bittersweet.

Gah....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home