Friday, December 31, 2004

Learning Butterfly

11:46
"Take a look at all you can see, or think you can see, for 2005. Does it represent a cause for concern or something that just 'has to be the way it is'? In the answer to that question is a clue to the most important resolution you need to make for the coming year. You had better decide, right now, to stop worrying. "

Right.

Got it.

~*~*~*~

So it is that 2004 begins to dwindle down. In the last year many things have changed. Many things have come, and just as many have gone.

Achievements:


  • I completed my Honours year satisfactorily (despite my trepidations and mental anguish)
  • I started working full-time (and so begins the "Rest of my Life")
  • I got the contacts that I've been pining after for the last few years
  • I got my license (after having friends batter me for 4 years with 'haven't you got them yet??')
  • I saw Sarah McLachlan live in concert
  • I am the proud owner of a decent digital camera
  • I own X Files and Alias DVD Box Sets
  • I got a new mobile with shiny silver buttons (Nokia 6610)
  • I now own the *Coolest* set of frames (sunglasses) to ever grace my face
  • I have a work number, with an actual, physical telephone, on my desk
  • I have a desk at work, that is *mine* and *only* mine
  • I possess a pair of knee-high black boots that go with *everything* and I mean, *everything*

Upheavals:


  • I broke up a 2 year relationship
  • I suffered extreme heartache after going for someone who when it all comes down to it, doesn't really want me
  • I've started various family arguments that will only end up turning out badly when all is said and done
  • I've had to stop being 21 (and "grow up" .. gah...)

Things I have learned:


  • What it is to love
  • What heartache is about
  • That I don't really look all that bad after a night's bout of crying
  • Writing is overrated
  • How to be social
  • How to be anti-social
  • That I'm not as good as a photographer as I'd like to be
  • Office politics is a joke (even though we knew this all along)
  • I have a strong tendency to be in denial
  • I fluctuate - constantly
  • What it feels like to panic, like *really* panic
  • That there is no "real" perfume being sold at market stalls
  • What it's like to live by yourself when parents are overseas (i.e. I'd starve to death without siblings who can cook)
  • ATM cards are good...
  • Patience is a virtue that I do not possess
  • Procrastination and I are like *this*
  • Love sucks
  • Boys suck
  • Romance is dead
  • I have many expectations that are unrealistic
  • How to be deleriously happy to the point of tears, and how to be miserable to the point of tears
  • That I can write a decent essay on 36 hours of no sleep and a mocha coffee
  • One mocha coffee can equate to a nose bleed and crazy talk
  • What it feels like to be told off by an unsatisfied client
  • That I am more fragile than I'd like to think

And other interesting things/experiments:


  • I started a blog to see if it will make me any more "normal" than the rest of the population
  • I have added to my cd collection to the point where it's bursting at the seams (and become a spendthrift when it comes to purchasing cds)
  • I started waitressing (I need the extra cash)
  • I started a photoblog to try and fulfill a desire to be artistic
  • I finally broke the mould and caved into using different aliases on msn

So I started the year under the night sky filled with fireworks with a boy, happy and content. Currently there are three scenarios as to how I end this year. I end the year with no one, sleeping soundly when the last second ticks by. I end the year sitting in front of the television. Or I end it on the phone talking to a boy in Norway. lol how exciting... not really.

Well, here's to 2005...

2 Comments:

At Sat Jan 01, 12:15:00 pm, Blogger Zan said...

Wow, looks like one heck of a year for you =P

Anyway here's a toast to you! May 2005 be wonderful for all of us!

 
At Sat Jan 01, 08:58:00 pm, Blogger Enigmatic Butterfly said...

Hey Zan,

yes, it's funny when you really sit down and think about the year, how many things have happened. If you don't take the time out to think about it, it's funny how all the things can just fade away into memory.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home