Friday, December 17, 2004

Bored Butterfly

It's 4.21pm. I'm at work. And I'm procrastinating. I went out and bought Alias Season 2 for $64.98 (i.e. $65). I also bought Simpsons Season 4 box set for him. He wanted it, so I bought it so he could pay me back. BUT. It's his birthday next Friday. I'm tempted to just write it off, and go, 'Happy Birthday/Merry Christmas'. BUT. Does he deserve a gift? I never got a birthday gift... and I doubt very much that he'll get me a Christmas gift. So why should I? Why should I spend the money on him? Actually, I know for a fact that he doesn't buy friends Christmas presents. And I really could get away with not getting him anything at all... and even though I'm working full-time now, it really isn't like I'm made of money or anything. Money is still tight in this household. And there I go spending all my money on DVD box sets. *sigh*

What's a girl to do? =P Well I have a few days to sort it out. I haven't decided yet. And I haven't told him what to do about it either. He just thinks that he's paying me back for it. But if I really wanted to, I could just write it off as his Birthday/Christmas present. It's legitimate in its own way...

I'm actually feeling sleepy and lethargic. Work has been bad all day. The systems have been continually down, and the outages have driven me nuts. I have barely done anything productive all day because of it. And then I spent close to 3 hours all up at Jb HiFi looking at all the bargains. I'm going down to Kmart tomorrow to pick up Pirates of the Carribean and the Maroon 5 cd. And there goes all my money... Work is paying us upfront for the Christmas season. I really do need the money. And I'm treating mum to dinner next Friday night. And I still have to buy my brother's christmas/birthday present (very expensive). THe place where I could get it cheap for, I probably won't... unless I can convince everyone to come into the city on Saturday... since the booksale will be on until then. - actually, nevermind. I just rang the bookstore up, they don't have it in stock. But yeh, the whole point of this paragraph was just that I still have money I need to burn (whether I want to or not). I need to stop buying... Grrr.... that's the only bad thing about working in the city...

I'm going out with work ppl for drinks tonight. I won't stay long. But guaranteed I'll come home reeking of beer and cigarettes (yaay!). It was bad enough the other day walking into a pub to access the ATM. To be honest, all I *really* want to do is go home and sleep. Well, that and listen to music. I got around to downloading another music program the other night. *looks around paranoidly* So now I can up my dosage of music appreciation and find a few more cds to buy *gives the music industry a pointed look* As much as I like my mp3 collection, I do chafe a bit at the bounds and limitations of a grounded collection. At least now I can improve on it. I left the net on last night to download. I think I got about just under 20 odd songs. I got woken up halfway through the night by my Norweigen friend who msged me demanding to know what the hell I was doing still up. Of course by the time I heard the msn buzzer thing, he'd already disappeared. Oh well. I thought msn was disabled anyway. Apparently it was the msn network passport thingy. *Shrug*

So yeh, I'm just rambling away here, because I *really* don't want to do work, and I've just about hassled everyone in my department for entertainment. Man, I'm so bored.

I get to talk to him tonight =) ASsuming that he sticks to that suggestion on Wednesday about us catching up tonight, I will be able to chat to him for a few solid hours. THat will be nice. Maybe what it is I'm looking for, is in fact companionship. He seriously can make a perseon/me feel like I'm the only person in the world. I know that I have to start really acting and feeling independent. But at the very least, I can incorporate him into my plans now. All I have to do is be patient. And even though I know I'm a terribly impatient person, at the very least knowing that he does in fact want more, and is in fact interested, is enough to placate me (for now).

Sometimes I get a bit paranoid that I'm abusing work resources. Using the phone to ring home (mobile), using the phone to ring a dozen stores to make sure I got the best deal on my dvd box sets, taking that three hour lunch break (well it wasn't a full 3 hours, it was done in hour and a half increments), coming in late and leaving early, saying that I didn't feel well and leaving work to spend the rest of the day at his house, etc etc. I'm really not a bad employee. I'm not. And next week I'm going into uni to pick up my thesis and to tie up all the administrative loose ends.

*yawn*

I'm so sleepy. I wish 5.30 would come sooner so I could go home...

And meanwhile, I still haven't made that decision yet about what to do about that DVD box set. Do I get the money back, or do I just give it to hiim as a birthday present? It's not like *i* got a birthday present from him. And the fact that I specifically asked for no present doesn't count, because there was *context* at the time...

*yawns*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home