Sunday, October 31, 2004

Worried Butterfly

And so begins the "rest of my life." i start work tomorrow. part-time, but work all the same. One part of my life supposedly behind me for good. am i ready? am i prepared? i don't really know. I probably feel a bit nerovous more than anything else. whether that's a good or bad thing, i don't know. to be honest, i could probably live with a bit more 'down time' before i really get right back into it.

at least this time around i haven't been wandering around the house 'in shock' over honours being over. which i suppose is a good thing because i get to bypass all those shock circuits and go straight to the good bits: having fun. well, i don't know if you can really classify it as having 'fun' per se... probably more like, 'relaxing' without feeling guilty. yeh.

I just hope that everything goes smoothly tomorrow. you know, probably the thing that's weighing most on my mind is the administration stuff. negotiating for my salary, making sure i have a contract, etc etc.

to be honest, i'm still trying to get my head around the mundane stuff - what to wear to impress? what time do i get to work? since i have a workpass should i just make my own way there? or should i wait outside at reception? what if the new boss turns up late? how do i while away the time? etc etc.

least i know where i'm having lunch tomorrow. my favourite pub with my good ol' $10 steak. they better still be offering it, that's all i can say. although what that says about me, that i'm worried about things changing after being away for a measly 2 months beats me.

if nothing else, i better make sure i go to bed early tonight. the train leaves tomorrow at 7.50am.

As of tomorrow, I'm gonna be out in the 'real world.'

*gulp*

Am i really ready for all that it's going to throw at me? Or will I find myself running back into the familar warm clutches of acadaemia?

Most importantly though, will everyone be happy to see me? I just want everything to work out ok. and right now, i'm worried that i'll stuff things up - even if i have been there for 3 years.

I think one of the other things that i'm worried about, is getting bored. I've worked 5 days in a row before. by the end of the second week i was dying. so bored and ready to move on. and now that this is just about permanent... i'm worried that if i get bored, i'll have no outlet. day in, day out. sitting in front of a computer with people who aren't necessarily mean (in fact, they're very nice), but who aren't exactly the best friends you've known/had since primary school either. get me?

*sigh*

guess i'll just have to wait until tomorrow to find out huh?

*double gulp*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home