Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Stressed Butterfly

Things I need to do tonight:

  • Write up a new Chapter Four with sparkling insightful prose.. Last chapter will talk about what the government HAS in fact done. Make sure it's not whimsical or nonsensical. Just tell the facts. ALSO, can lift previous chapter rewrites of four - because they have been better written/jazzier. oh wait.. or was that for chapter one? =S
  • Rewrite first paragraph (make it jazzier)
  • Fix up errors in essay (as pointed out by my beautiful angelic proofreaders)
  • Write abstract
  • Double space thesis
  • Insert correct page numbers for footnotes
  • Go back and fill in all the footnotes that I couldn't find today
  • Put in actual numbers for Appendix Figure 2
  • Write up a coherent acknowledgements page (can think about this when i drive into uni tomorrow)
  • Fix up bibliography to ensure that everything is included (although i could technically do this tomorrow, if I carry all my books to uni) Don't forget to include white papers. Harries article. Vivani article. uh, what else?
  • oh! email the next draft to trust proofreader and godsend supervisor
  • take a shower somewhere in the middle to break the humdrum, give brain rest, and refresh.
  • BRING DISKS!!!!

..is that it? I think that's it... *frazzled look*

Things to do tomorrow:

  • Ask supervisor if it should be better for me to use 'it' or 'her' for countries
  • Make sure there's enough time for me to go down to Officeworks and see if i can get the type of binding i want. Pathetic dodgy plastic rings. ha!
  • Get everything done by 2.30 so i can let my supervisor go in peace... that didn't come right. I mean, leave/go home/rest. bah..
  • Return books because one will be overdue
  • Dress nicely in case i see Him
  • Find a box to put all books in so i can look like an idiot carrying it all in tomorrow
  • Does supervisor/me have to sign thesis?
  • OH! spellcheck with Macquarie dictionary. I can do that tomorrow. HAVE to remember/make sure there are no american spellings in there.

That's all i can think of right now. I should sort it out so that everything is in order from most important to least important. i.e. what should be done tonight, and what can wait until tomorrow. The most important thing right now is rewriting chapter 4. followed by fixing up grammatical errors and nonsensical arguments. followed by jazzing up chapter intro.

THEN I can go about fixing up the bibliography.

Oh wait, i still need to do the abstract (!!) so we'll do the abstract first, and then the bibliography. yeh.

*stress* *stress* *stress*

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S HERE!!! ARGH!!!!


1 Comments:

At Thu Oct 14, 11:05:00 am, Blogger Jacs said...

Hi There! I was just reading through some blogs and I came across yours and I have to say that although I don't post as much as you do...I am just feeling your pain. Its almost like I know exactly what you are going through...I mean I haven't got the thesis part yet of my life...but I feel ya.
Hope all goes well with the thesis.
Cheers!!
Jacs :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home