Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Relieved Butterfly

Who could've thought it? One little phone call has set me at ease. I feel like an entire burden has been lifted off my shoulders. Last week I rang up my new boss to double check that it was ok for me to go back and work at my old job (but this time with full-time status). Her response was a non-commital, 'i'll need to speak to the CEO, but i'll get back to you'. bah...

I've worked at this company for 3 years as a casual. I've been told countless times in these last three years that I am indispensable. And here was this new boss sauntering in, telling me the time of day. I don't think so lady...

and add to the fact that none of my work colleagues seem to give a damn. Like, they don't even care, after the fact that I had thought that my full-time position in the department was set in stone. We'd agreed that I'd start work on 1st Nov for crying out loud!! I was so upset. My faith in the department was shaken. And of course, this little butterfly's vanity was broken. How could they just dump me??? like that???

So anyway, I ring back today, and was told after two days of phone tag that I can start on Nov 1. ha! I'm supposed to ring back tomorrow to confirm everything, but most likely I will be starting off as part-time before moving on to full-time in December. That's fine by me. As long as i get the $$ i deserve. I even tried to half-bargain on the phone. I was like, 'well i've been there for 3 years now..' and she cut in with, 'i've been told how good you are' *phew*

I must say though, this new boss doesn't seem like she's got much of a sense of humour. sounds pretty bland and dry to me. Mind you, it took me close to two years to get used to my old boss. I used to think he was the devil incarnate for taking over the position of my original boss, who i loved, simply because she wanted to hire me. lol. although what all these executive musical chairs says about the stability of my company beats me. Guess i should take a hard look at what i'm actually getting involved in before my stupid pride takes over again huh?

Who cares. now that I have a place to go back to *mutters* I can relax and go back to happily finding a decent essay topic.

*sigh*

I can't wait until next wednesday when my academic stuff is all over. yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home