Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Awakening Butterfly

i have been blog hopping (procrastinating as usual) and it just struck me. Did you know that it's spring??? it's the 22nd of September - and it's spring!!! Have i really been that preoccupied that i didn't even notice the seasons changing? Somewhere in my mind it registered that pollen was in the air, that trees were starting to bloom with their little buds (see banner above), and that the temperature was getting warmer. But my thoughts have been so consumed and occupied with you and my thesis that i don't think it actually *registered* that it was spring....

i am honestly quite shocked that i didn't realise. somewhere in the back of my mind i wondered why i stopped wearing the warmer jumpers and turtlenecks - now i know. i have to seriously rejack my brain and drag out the spring wardrobe. sheeeesh.... i am quite shaken!

this means that things will look better soon, yes? *thinks some more* oh dear.... it was spring before i even started this blog.... sheeesh... when did i stop paying attention to the seasons??? i've spent so long waiting for spring to come... waiting for the transformation of seasons and girlishly hoping that it might also herald a new beginning for me, and a new means/avenue/excuse for me to truly get over you.

Guess i've just been so busy wallowing and being introspective that i forgot to see the spring forest for the winter trees....

wake up little butterfly.. time to fly out there and feel the sunshine...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home